"Steels for Zamak injection molds" at Jegan.
Training on steels and heat and surface treatments used in Zamak injection molds.
A few days ago, we received a training course. From the hand of Xabier Gómez Rodríguez to the staff of different departments of the company: Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Quality, Mold Manufacturing, Management. Among other topics, the following were discussed:
- Properties of the steels used in Zamak injection molds.
- Heat treatments of tool steels.
- Designation of tool steels.
- Coatings and surface treatments.
- Steels of interest for Jegan.
With theoretical and practical cases, emphasis was placed on the degradation phenomena that molds can undergo and the material variables (chemical composition, manufacturing process, physical and mechanical properties), heat treatment and surface treatment that influence such degradation.