Zamak is an alloy of zinc, aluminum, magnesium, and copper that is used for a variety of applications, including the manufacture of automotive parts, construction, and hardware, among other sectors. Jegan is a provider of Zamak casting treatments and offers a wide range of services to help customers meet their specific requirements. Jegan supplies surface treatments that protect against corrosion, such as different types of zinc plating.
Zamak casting Surface treatments
- Cataphoresis: Cataphoresis is a cathodic electrodeposition coating process used to protect zamak metal parts against corrosion and other environmental damage. In this process, the metal parts are submerged in a solution of water, salts, and an electrochemical agent. The electrical current causes the zinc to be deposited on the surface of the parts, forming a protective layer that prevents corrosion from penetrating the metal.
- PVD(Physical Vapor Deposition): PVD is a coating process that is used to apply a thin layer of metallic coating on the surface of parts. This process is carried out in a vacuum chamber, in which the coating material evaporates and is deposited on the surface of the pieces. The coating layer provides a number of benefits, including increased corrosion resistance, improved appearance, and increased durability.
- Zinc plated on racks: Frame galvanizing is a process of coating metal parts with zinc to protect them from corrosion. In this process, metal parts are connected to an anode and submerged in a zinc solution. The electrical current causes the zinc to be deposited on the surface of the parts, forming a protective layer that prevents corrosion from penetrating the metal.
- Zinc-plated galvanized drum: Drum galvanizing is a process similar to rack galvanizing, but in this case, the metal parts are immersed in a drum containing molten zinc. Zinc adheres to the surface of metal parts, forming a protective layer that prevents corrosion from penetrating the metal.
- Painting: The painting process on zamak metal parts is a procedure used to apply a layer of paint on the parts to improve their appearance and protect them against corrosion and other environmental damage. This process can be done in a number of ways, depending on the type of paint used and the desired finish.
- chrome plating: The chroming process on zamak metal parts is a procedure used to coat the parts with a thin layer of metallic chromium. This process is carried out to improve the appearance of the parts, protect them against corrosion and increase their durability.
Example of using different surface treatments: Zamak ceiling frames and luminaires
Zamak frames and ceiling lights are an example of a Zamak injected piece that Jegan offers to its customers. These materials are of high quality and durability and are available in a variety of sizes and shapes. They can be used in a variety of applications, including residential, commercial, and industrial lighting.
When choosing a die-casting supplier, you will be able to select a manufacturing process that allows you to produce such metal parts with a high degree of precision. Among other advantages, it will be possible to adjust the strength, durability, and aesthetics of said pieces in which they can be bound in addition to the productive capacity:
- Weight: Zamak is a lightweight material, which can be an advantage if you are looking for frames and light fixtures that are easy to move.
- Durability: Zamak is a durable material that withstands daily wear and tear.
- Appearance: Zamak has a wide range of finishes available, which allows you to find frames and lighting fixtures that suit the customer's taste and technical needs.
- Cost-effective: Zamak is generally more expensive than other materials, such as plastic or steel, but offers better value for money in the long run as the process is relatively cost-effective as well.
- Repeatability: Zamak parts can be manufactured to precise specifications and on a large scale.
- Versatility: The die-casting process is versatile and can be used to cast a variety of metals, including aluminum, zinc, and magnesium.
Discover Die Casting with JEGAN
Thanks to the varied offer of treatments offered by its two production plants from Jegan, it is a provider of guarantees to reach the technical capacities required for zamak applications. Thanks to Die Casting, the versatile alloy used offers a variety of applications for multiple sectors and solutions. It is, in short, a good option for manufacturers looking for parts that require additional resistance to corrosion, machinability, and good appearance. For more information see treatments.
If you want to contact us to generate a budget with the prototype you want, call or write us to talk about the part model and thus be able to order your parts with Jegan.